Jarves CMS ¶
An enterprise and high-speed open-source Content-Management-System (CMS) / Application Framework based on the Symfony framework with a full RESTful API, a user friendly administration interface and rapid application development (RAD) framework using Composer, Propel and other rock-solid libraries.
This project is currently in development and has no releases yet.
If you want to support this project, co-maintain, or participate in another way feel free to contact me. I'd love to add more people to this organisation and bring it forward. I invested already several thousand of hours in this project and can probably not bring it alone to an end. Help to make the CMS world a better place. :)
This describes the customized installation, usually used by developers.
Read the development installation documentation.
Read the Create A Theme documentation, to create layouts for your website.
This is how a theme extension looks like: https://github.com/jarves/jarves-demotheme
This is how a more details news extension looks like: https://github.com/jarves/jarves-publication
- PHP 5.6+
- Symfony 3
- *nix OS (Linux, BSD, OSX)
- PHP extensions: PDO, mbstring, gd, zip
- MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQLite
- Based on Symfony
- Based on Propel ORM (Propel supports MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MSSQL, and Oracle), http://www.propelorm.org
- Advanced, fast and fresh administration interface
- The administration API is completely abstracted through a REST API
- File abstraction layer (for mounts with external storages [s3, ftp, dropbox, etc]), CDN
- i18n using
getText(with all of its features [e.g. including plural support, contexts]) compatible .po files
- High-Performance through several cache layers
- Session storage through several layers (distributed sessions supported)
- Easy to extend through a fancy extension editor, completely modulized - the symfony way
- CRUD window generator, without writing one line of code
- Extremely detailed permission system
- Ships with a solid bunch of UI input widgets (input fields)
- Several flexible authentication layers (e.g. changeable for administration, changeable per domain)
- Secure password storage using up-to-date encryptions
- Feature-rich inline editing (TinyMCE, Markdown, Drag'n'Drop', etc)
- Awesome file manager
Frontend inline editing ¶
File manager ¶
- Drag'n'Drop inside the app, from your desktop to Jarves and vice-versa.
- OSX like preview
- File editing (rename, delete)
- Image editing (crop/resize)
- File Abstraction Layer (for AWS S3 inside Jarves for example)
- Async file uploaded
CRUD Framework ¶
Permission System ¶
Very detailed permission system.
More information: http://jarves.io